True Colours

Sunday, August 13, 2006

I think I've set a record...



I'm the WORST blogger in the world. My last post was on Feb. 28th (insert embarrased face with "L" on forehead). I'm sure no one even looks at my blog anymore (and who'd blame em?) Life has been extremely busy lately but I am determined to stop working night and day and start enjoying life again (and my family). The first step was selling my share of POTP to my amazing friend (and co-owner) Sandra Wharton. I don't feel sad because nothing is really going to change except that I won't be part of the decision making anymore which is fine with me. I've been a business owner for over 6 years and I really need a break from decision making. I want someone to tell me what to do and I'll do it!! Sounds like fun, eh?!?! I turn 39 in September and I have so many goals for my 40th year I can't wait to get started (I'll share those later).

The summer is FLYING by and in two days we'll be in NYC!! I've been cleaning like crazy because our dog sitter is moving in to take care of Ginger and Rubi. The kids are going to Grandma and Grandpa's for the week and it's just me and John in the BIG APPLE - whooooo hooooo!!

We spent two weeks at Shawnigan Lake which just happens to be our favourite place in the world for a family vacation. We had a BLAST!! The picture above is of Stephanie and Brandon tubing with their friend Ben. We spent a ton of time pulling the kids behind the boat as they yelled, "faster" with their thumbs up!! John says we need to get a more powerful boat for Stephanie (our little daredevil). The other picture is Steph and I taking a nap after a long hard day on the beach!! Tough life.

I promise to keep my blog updated, I am finally figuring out how this thing works!! I even posted pictures - yipee!! Now... I want to figure out how to put my favourite books, music, etc in the sidebar.

Ciao for now!!
t.
xo

6 Comments:

Blogger Brenna said...

I still check in every now and then Tara. So good to see a new post. Look forward to New York pics!!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brownlee said...

me too me too...it is about freak'n time girl...love the pics and so nice to be involved in your life again...missed ya!!!

10:34 AM  
Blogger lacintha said...

Now I've found you Tara, I'll be stalking you to post regularly...lol...

I adore those pics, and cannot wait to see what you have planned for your birthday! Glad you've made a change that allows you more "down-time" (I hope)...

8:16 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

I am so glad you have come back to the blogging world Tara! I will be checking regularly:)
Kudos to you for realizing the importance of life and family and having the determination to make it a number 1 priority. So many people get lost in what is really important. I too have been guilty of that myself!
Hugs!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Wow you updated!!!! I stalk over here now and again and imagine my surprise!!! Can't wait to see those NYC pics!!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Deanne Clarke said...

Looks like you had so much fun on the lake!!!
Enjoy NYC!!!
I need to figure out the sidebar thing too, on my blog!!!!

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home